• The Company will acquire personal information by appropriate and fair means.
• In order to protect personal information, the Company has established necessary policies and internal regulations, and will make our employees aware of these policies and regulations to improve the handling of personal information.
• The Company strives to keep personal information up-to-date and accurate. In addition, the Company will manage this information appropriately and strictly to prevent unauthorized access, loss, leakage, and take safety measures.
• When the Company entrusts personal information to a subcontractor within the scope of the purpose of use, the Company shall prohibit the use of personal information outside the purpose and take measures to ensure safety management, and will conduct supervision of the consignee.
(1) Personal information to be collected by the Company
The Company collects the following personal information through NiaHomes:
• Information collected when registering an NiaHomes Account, such as your name and email address;
• Information that you register on your profile and/or on your Property Page;
• Identity verification documents specified by the Company, such as identification documents, passports, driver’s licenses;
• Your profile photo;
• Payment information necessary to make payment to or receive payment from the Users;
• Other information that you provide to the Company or publish on NiaHomes when you use the Services, either by yourself or in accordance with instructions of the Company;
• Your IP address, cookie information and other online identifiers, as well as your history of activity on NiaHomes;
• To the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations, information obtained by the Company from third parties for verification of Users, or enforcement of rights or fulfillment of obligations under applicable laws and the Terms.
(2) Purpose of use of personal information
The Company will use the personal information set forth in the preceding paragraph for the following purposes:
• To provide the Services;
• For fulfillment of the Company’s obligations and exercise of rights as stipulated in the Terms or applicable laws and regulations;
• To make payments to and receive payments from Users;
• To ensure that you comply with applicable laws and regulations and the provisions of the Terms in connection with your use of the Services;
• To make communications with Users necessary to provide the Services;
• To provide information about the Services to Users;
• To verify the identity of Users to the extent permitted by the Terms;
• To resolve disputes between Users and/or third parties;
• To confirm and analyze the country of inflow of visitors by online identifiers such as IP addresses;
• To use cookie information for authentication on NiaHomes;
• To analyze Users’ usage and utilize it to improve and develop the Services;
• For the purpose of use for which the Company notifies Users individually or obtains individual consent from the User;
• For other purposes permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
When the Company separately states the purpose of use when collecting personal information, the Company will use such information within the scope of the stated purpose of use in addition to the above purposes of use. When it becomes necessary to use such information beyond the scope of the original purpose, the Company will inform you to that effect.
The Company may provide your personal information to third parties in the following cases:
• The Company may publish your profile information that you submitted upon registration or Hosts’ profile information that is required to be made public on NiaHomes and other websites of the Company, or on third-party services for advertisement;
• The Company will provide the Host with the name, profile, past Ratings and Reviews of the Guest who sends a booking request to the Host, and other information that the Guest consents to sharing with the Host;
• When a Transaction between the Host and the Guest is established, the Company shall provide the Guest with information such as the Host’s full address and other information that the Host consents to sharing with the Guest;
• The Company may provide personal information to its subcontractors such as payment agency companies (including subcontractors located in countries other than Japan) to the extent necessary for the execution of consignment services;
• The Company may provide personal information to third parties when providing information to courts, police, law enforcement agencies, government agencies, tax authorities. in accordance with laws and regulations, when due to the succession or mergers of businesses, or when otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
In the case where a User wishes for disclosure, correction, use, or suspension of provision to third parties of your personal information, the Company will respond promptly to the request after verifying identification of the person who made the request or that the request was made by the intention of the person in question.
※ Users acknowledge in advance that the Company may not be able to respond to requests for suspension of use or deletion of some or all of the information, such as when information is required to be held in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, or when it cannot be deleted due to the specification restrictions of the Company’s computer systems.
For requests regarding disclosure, correction, use, or suspension of provision to third parties of your personal information, or inquiries or complaints regarding handling of personal information by the Company, please contact us by e-mail at:
Senlimo Inc. (7-2-5-6F Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan 160-0023)
Last updated: January 1, 2021